[T3] New pump different hic-ups

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Tue May 12 22:33:19 PDT 2015

I went out and did as you suggested and checked the points, and timing. Didn't check the fuel pressure. The pressure sensor is a good one. I did, after re-connecting the cold start injector, while the engine was idling pull the injector plugs one at a time and found on 2,3,&4 the engine really struggled. On #1 it improved for a second or two then dropped back to a poor idle. My guess is the injector is stuck open. I'm not certain how they operate. I have not checked the temp sensors as this just happened and previously it was running better than it has for years. ( since before these injectors were installed ) I have another set of 4 but they have been on the shelf for several years. May be time to give them a test.
I'm thinking I can attach them one at a time to the test stub between 3 and 4. If they don't leak then they are good to go. If they leak then pass.
I'll also be on the prowl for another set.
Thanks for the reply
Cheers Tim
73 FI auto