[T3] Batteries

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 16 14:46:12 PDT 2015

On 16 May 2015 at 17:35, Doug Brashear wrote:

> Since getting the '73 Fasty back on the road I've been using a 5 year
> old battery that still holds a charge, but is likely to go soon. I
> don't see much in the way of Group 42 batteries locally...any idea
> what other battery types, if any, have the right configuration of
> terminals and depth to fit the standard underwear space? I'd likely
> have some kind of protector/insulator on top of the battery to prevent
> shorting a taller battery on the seat springs (and don't often have
> rear seat passengers in this car anyway)

I recommend that you just look around some more. You may have to ask.
Surely Sears can get them. I believe Group 42 batteries are still in
common use in the gas Golfs/Jettas, and probably some other European
cars. If you really can't find a 42, you might check out 43-45, as
they may be the same height and width, but longer, but don't take my
word on this.

I'll ask my friend if there's any chance the Group 42s are going
away.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org