[T3] New pump different hic-ups

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 20 08:05:29 PDT 2015

On 19 May 2015 at 12:26, Tim Keohane wrote:

> I just went through the "unplug the fuel pump relay" routine and VOLA she's running well again. I do want the injector so I can swap this one out. Seems as though a spare is wise and not so costly. Particularly if it's stored properly.

I'm also working on a more complex priming switch that will also let
you turn off the pump, so it would make that difficult reach under
the dash much easier.

Another way to clear out a flooded cylinder is to get the car up to a
bit of speed, then take your foot off the throttle and let the car
run the engine for 3-5 seconds. This is completely effective,
assuming you have enough power to get up to 30 mi/hr. It probably
also only works on MT cars.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org