[T3] More questions

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 26 05:52:16 PDT 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 18:40, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> The 72 squareback we used as a parts car back when we were restoring
> my fastback was manufactured was manufactured in January of 72. It had
> a 4 spoke steering wheel. My fastback was made in April of 72 also 4
> spoke.

Wow, I just checked the microfilm and it shows the 4-spoke wheel
starting from the beginning of the '72 model year, yet I was sure
that my VERY early '72 came with the 2-spoke wheel. I'm beginning to
doubt my memory.

That car rusted away so I parted it out. I have all the parts, and I
don't have any 4-spoke wheels....

This may be another example of where the microfilm is wrong. (Or it
could be another example of my failing memory.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org