[T3] More questions

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Tue May 26 11:18:58 PDT 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 18:40, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> The 72 squareback we used as a parts car back when we were restoring
> my fastback was manufactured was manufactured in January of 72. It had
> a 4 spoke steering wheel. My fastback was made in April of 72 also 4
> spoke.

Wow, I just checked the microfilm and it shows the 4-spoke wheel starting
from the beginning of the '72 model year, yet I was sure that my VERY early
'72 came with the 2-spoke wheel. I'm beginning to doubt my memory.

That car rusted away so I parted it out. I have all the parts, and I don't
have any 4-spoke wheels....

This may be another example of where the microfilm is wrong. (Or it could be
another example of my failing memory.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

I seen an example of this with VW back in late 87 during my brief time I
turned wrenches at a VW dealer in Huntsville AL for about 6 months. We got a
load of Wolfsburg editions Jetta's in. The had a grill and trim like an 87
but they had digifant II FI like an 88 instead of CISe FI like the 87s had.
So you may have had a deal like that.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
70 Fastback carb MT (school project)