[T3] DOT 5 and brake light switches

Sean Bartnik sjbartnik at mac.com
Wed Nov 4 06:51:33 PST 2015

Keith, you bring up an interesting point. I guess the question is what kills the switches? Is it something chemical that is specific to DOT5 that reacts badly with the materials in the switch?

Or is it something related to the electrical current carried by the switch?

Or is it a combination of both where the presence of current accelerates some sort of corrosion reaction?

If both, I might try wiring a relay into the circuit just as an experiment to see if switch life can be extended.

-Sean