[T3] Trouble home from Bugorama

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Nov 6 17:52:10 PST 2015

YOu may have the chinese cylinder kit, and there have been numerous problems
with them, the new Mahle's sold now are actually chinese AA's.  Try to
source old brazilian Mahles but in either case EVERYTHING has to be checked,
bore size, roundness, no defects in the walls, everything on the pistons and
the ring fit in the cylinders (end gap).

Id be inclined to get a set of 1500 cylinders and bore them out to 85.45 and
fit a good quality piston to them, or bore out an OEM 1600 set and fit
quality pistons to them.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com