[T3] Speaking of going way back...

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Thu Nov 19 18:56:05 PST 2015

	I own a 2004 Golf and there is verily little in the dash that would crack like the T3 does or the late VW bugs for the matter. Although the crazy rubber film they put on just about everything plastic is starting to peel off or bubble showing the smooth plastic underneath and the bad idea of using plastic for the headlight lenses that eventually turns yellow is sure no improvement over the good old glass. My grandfather used to say "they replaced one good headlight for two bad ones" I guess this is the modern equivalent.

	Most manufactures have removed a lot of the materials that shrank and cracked in the early cars. Far as window scrapers, door seals, etc. they shrink just like those on my type3 and my 74 Standard bug. But you will probably never see window seals that cracks or shrink as most are glued in and that stuff will outlive this planet I bet.

	One thing I would like to have seen improve is headliner materials as our golf suffers the same issues as my 77 Chevy did where the material attached to the backing board eventually starts to separate in some ways the head liners of our early VW seemed to hold up better as long as it did not get a tear in it.

Daniel Du Vall

The opinions expressed in this message are solely my own and under the expressed written consent of myself ;-)