[T3] Shock Absorbers - Rear
gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 16:42:38 PDT 2015
The lower rubber "doughnut" on my left-rear shock absorber on my 1969
The "clattering" I heard was from the lower ring (without the rubber)
beating itself on the mounting bolt.
I removed the entire LR Shock and left the RR in place. The car drives
fine with 3 shocks, but there is a noticeable "bounce" in the rear.
1. Are there any OE shocks available?
2. Are OE shocks *OIL*- or *GAS*-filled?
3. Will either oil- or gas-filled shocks be OK for summer driving, 1,000
to 2,000 miles per year?
4. I've tried to find companies who still make a pretty good quality
5. Brands: Bilstein? KYB? Monroe? Others?
Any suggestions? Anybody have two, matching rear shocks? I would prefer
VW OEM shocks if they are available.
Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the type3-vwtype3.org