[T3] Shock Absorbers - Rear

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 17:12:05 PDT 2015

Does the shock absorber still give resistance when compressed and expanded?
If so you may only need to source a new bush for it.  I think those for CV
joint rear suspension have a wider sleeve than the bush on the lower end -
or am I mistaken?  My list of equivalents has them as the same as a Super
Beetle rear.

If the shock absorber function is OK when tested by repeat compression and
expansion, VW say they don't both have to be renewed as a pair, but
considering  the mileage they have on them, it may be silly not to.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club