[T3] Clutch Kit Recommendations

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Sep 13 06:53:01 PDT 2015

On 12 Sep 2015 at 17:24, Craigs List wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Once you get to a few of my later post you will see the real damage we
> found when we took it fully apart today.

Yep, I've seen all your posts now, and you did a really good thing to
take this apart. I'm still not sure where the metal shavings came
from, but there must have been some "sparkles" in the oil, which
would have been wear particles. You did really well, to catch this
now, before any serious damage was done. It's worth checking
everything, to make sure there aren't other hidden problems, too.

There's a lesson here: First rebuilds are always learning
experiences. I had problems with mine, too, but rather than selling
mine, I took it apart again and fixed them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org