[T3] Trouble home from Bugorama

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Sep 13 06:53:01 PDT 2015

On 12 Sep 2015 at 11:59, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> After about an hour (so the engine was not warm, but not really cold
> either), I checked the compression.  Cylinder 1, 3, and 4 were each around
> 120-125.  Sadly, cylinder 2 read zero.  I checked cylinder 2 again.  Still
> zero, this time I have heart burn.

Before you take drop the engine, I have one suggestion. Remove the
RHS valve cover and start the engine. You'll get an oil leak there,
but you'll also be able to compare the rocker action between the 1 &
2 cylinders. With the valve cover off, you can carefully put a finger
on each rocker while it's working.

It's just barely possible that the problem will be something obvious
that you can see or feel.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org