[T3] Flywheel magic...

ftalker at gmail.com ftalker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 21:11:53 PDT 2015

Hi there
The SR17 is a good choice.  The other is to spend no money and no time grinding/removing/fitting by simply using the existing 6v starter and flywheel in 12v mode.  The starter will spin faster and work admirably.   I did this on a T1 and a 356 Porsche.   No problems.
But, the questions were about changing the flywheel...hence my earlier response.
And, in this case, (puns intended),
> No machine marks are on the internal 6 vollt swing axle bell housing. All seems to run well with 12 volt!

this seems to have been the very UN-procedure used here.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
FE Meek

Sent from my iPhone