[T3] One Bite at a Time

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:04:04 PDT 2015

> From: topnotch at nycap.rr.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 20:09:13 -0400
> Subject: Re: [T3] One Bite at a Time
>
> Adriel,
>
> sorry to hear about your grandma,

Well, it was not too bad, but over the coarse of last summer through this spring, lost about 10 family members and friends, so added up. BettyAnn was absolutely amazing how she handled the cancer and so comfortable with death. She even said good by to all of us, but only her daughter and I got the grieving done then at the service. What was the most odd was having her things here and at my brothers.

So thankful Oma is still alive, but now getting old. She is brutally honest, so much offended the P.T. about a year or more when in rehab, so abandoned her, causing her to loose use of her right arm/shoulder and ability to walk. Ended up at her daughter's for a while which has caused a major divide in the family. Already fighting over earthly possessions... Then went to her half blind sister's, which was good until her bother-in-law allowed the bank to take their home. Moved down back home for a while. My Dad is very bitter to her because of a medical decision when eight, and on more than one occasion said wished she was dead. I then stayed the summer and dredged out her bedroom (6'x'6'x 7' high), of course with her watching and directing like a hawk. Apparently when my parents got divorced, stuff from the spare bedroom was moved in to make room for the grandchildren to stay to visit Dad, plus a lot of stuff from the home I first lived in. So random the things we found! The most sad was a huge box of photographs that Opa brought back of his mother's after her passing that Oma didn't remember existed, as most haven't a clue who they are. The most amusing was the hammer at the foot of the bed and the hatchet in the closet, for protection against an intruder. Oma will be 96 on 16 November, God willing.

Thank you for letting me rant and hope provided some amusement. ;p

but good to hear about your plan for the
> square.

Glad you care!

yea, i wont be checking a beam into baggage on the plane. need to
> fly, at 149Kmi the squares engine did great on the trip to the radiomeet in
> PA, was 90 out and the oil pressure was good and i was heavy. pulling the
> boat back from the camp last weekend it was a bit low on power, perhaps
> being overdue for a tuneup but it porked down nearly a quart of oil in
> 100miles, hadnt used much before that. seems to run ok around town but
> i think the end may be near... need to pull the flatbed and generator back
> this weekend so ill have to see if its still thirsty for 25W50

Think your class is very helpful and glad can bring the visual. ;p

A quart in 100 miles?! :O Man, that is oil consumption! Must be a huge cloud out the tail pipe. Know I could hardly see out the rear window when I botched the valve guides on the prior engine. I thought you had given up on type 4 engines?

Why is the camp taking so much time? Preparing for retirement?

B.T.W., ever made a power cord? Got a radio missing the cord and a bit overwhelmed. More just need guidance.

Thank you so very much!
Adriel

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - In the Process of Being Dog Wgn 2
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Master's Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ