[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 10:19:53 PDT 2016

> I don't like seeing them so mis-matched. Some shrouding of the
> insulator can be blamed on whether the ground electrode ends up
> facing the intake valve or not, but the ground electrodes should all
> look about the same color. Yours are way too different. Injectors 1 &
> 4 are fired by one circuit in the brain, while 2 & 3 are fired by
> another. Unless one pair is getting more air, which seems unlikely
> since they use the same cam lobes, they should get the same gas.
>
> Check the brain connections for the injectors and the injector
> grounds. Give all the crimps a careful visual inspection. All should
> be tight. If they are, try a different brain.

Aren’t 1 and 4 fired by the same side of the trigger points too? Would it be worth having a look at those or perhaps trying a different pair? As of now, I’m pretty sure we’ve been through all the brains at our disposal and each has been associated with one or another of our issues…..though it remains to be seen if the brains were at fault or simply happen to have been installed while a fleeting issue was at work in the system.

> If it fouled on the eyeglass tin, that tells you that you had been
> screwing it in cross threaded, so lack of lubrication was not the
> problem. NEVER use a U-joint on your socket while installing plugs;
> you need to be able to SEE that you're putting it in straight.

Yeah, I used a socket with a built in U-joint. I’ll just toss it. Would a thread chaser be worth trying?