[T3] shocks

Jessica Chase jesassica at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:17:03 PDT 2016

It looks like our ’69 is in need of new shocks and we’re wondering which ones on the market are closest or even identical to stock.

We don’t have much to compare. The shocks that came with the car were shot and still had VW part #’s on them. I think they were Boge. We replaced those with a used set of grey KYB oil shocks and now those are done for.

Bilstein’s have been recommended to us in the past but are they worth the $320 it would take to replace all four corners?

What would you guys suggest?