[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Apr 10 19:51:29 PDT 2016

On 10 Apr 2016 at 19:08, Keith Park wrote:

> have your checked your fuel pressure when it acts up?  Remember way back
> when when I had that pressure regulator go bad it spiked the pressure and it
> would flood on startup, but I was always still able to start it on all 4
> after holding the throttle wide open for a bit and it never hydrolocked.

That's a possibility, but I doubt if that's it. Still, I'll check the
pressure when I get into it.

> The 73 will not run without a head temp sensor, neither will the 71, I dont
> THINK the 69 will but I can say that for sure.  Open CHTS will shut off the
> injection.

Hmmm, I would have thought that it would run, but maybe it gets so
rich it just can't run. I can check that someday. That's not a big
difference.

> You need a simple SPDT switch?  Ill have to look in my box of switches, I
> may have some of these.

No, it's a 3 position switch, OFF/NORM/(ON), where the (ON) is
momentary, and NORMAL and ON are different outputs. You're not likely
to have one. In reality, it's a double pole switch, 2 switches side
by side with different actions, like this:

OFF/ON/(ON)
OFF/OFF/(ON)

Yeah, took some effort to find....

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org