[T3] I'm a little confused about the cylinder head temp sonsor

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 1 12:11:05 PDT 2016

. I've read VW had a 200 ohm resister in series to offer a richer mix . Then I read charts showing the temps and relative resistance .

 Then I read the ECU does not see the TS2 below 300 ohms and it needs to get below 300 to show the engine is fully warmed up . Also read if it does down to 70 ohms it will take to long to richen until the head temp brings it back up .

 I found the plastic cover on the TS2 was so black I could not see the terminals so I found a double clear one and then realized the terminals were only touching or held together by the fit of the plastic cover now I can see they are connected and tight .

 I know the ECU see's the sensor because if un plugged no start or un plugged running it will quit yet how do I know if the ECU see's the change and changes the mix ?

 Say it's hot and I add 250 ohms and it runs the same at idle should I notice a change in running or is this something only a sniffer would see? I did try a 250 ohm resister and at idle everything seemed the same , I though it might make a change in RPM .

William

---