[T3] ? on dist drive

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 15 17:23:18 PDT 2016

I put mine in when I rebuilt my engine in 98 . I pulled the distributor to replace the O-ring because it leaked . I had it one #1 TDC and checked the drive angle . some books say or show 60^ small side torward oil cooler which mine was so I decided to check it nad it was a bit off . I made a 60* template of plastic so I pulled the drive and tried it one tooth CCW and it was way off and I tried a few times to make certain I was just turning it one tooth . I counted the teeth on the drive and it seems each tooth is 30* so I put it back where it was . 30* CCW was way off .

 My question is this 60* is it just close ?

 It did not have much play like wear on the drive gear or brass gear on the crank . It runs fine so I don't think the drive is off  . I know it's all about injector timing off the trigger points. I also wanted to make certian the two washers were in good shape and they were.

---