[T3] Fuel pressure and elevation

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:27:32 PDT 2016

The Hills to the West on the way to the Siletz Indian Pow Wow on the Coast
were only 700-900 feet last weekend, but the fog was nice there for a
change!   If we go East over Santiam or Wilamette Pass in the Casdade Range
they are 4800-5100 feet.  I like Jim's advice to pick a AFR & live with
it.  We've been up & down the PNW but uphill is @ 50 mph in 2nd with our
FI/AT square at 22 mpg.  :-)

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:41 AM, dlstiefel <dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org> wrote:

> I recommend setting your fuel pressure when the car is
>> at the lowest elevation you can conveniently reach. Anything under
>> 1500 ft should be reasonable.
>>

> Humm I'll have to keep that in mind next time I set mine as the part of
> Sand Mountain I live on is right around 1500. Other parts of the mountain
> are a little higher others are a little lower. I know you guys out west are
> laughing at me calling 1500 FT a mountain but that's how we roll in NE
> Alabama LOL.
> --
> Dennis Stiefel
> Automotive Service/Repair (Mechanics) Instructor
> Dekalb County Technology Center
> Rainsville, AL
> Work (256) 638-4421 EX 109

Eugene, Oregon