[T3] Cold Battery

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 14:39:00 PST 2016

After a night on low charge, the battery worked fine.  Car started on first try...but with a cloud of exhaust smoke for a few moments...and then all was well.  What would that smoke mean?  Anything related to starting problems?

Questions remain:
 Why did battery test ok in all 6 cells before charging, yet not work?Does that indicate something wrong with the battery even though it's not that old?
Or....could it just have been the connections?...which weren't crudded up or anything. Pretty clean, actually.
Another thing: horn beeps when hitting little bumps while turning left. Ground wire in steering wheel is disconnected pending replacement of  plastic cover (which won't stay attached to the wheel).  Don't (yet) have a clue where a faulty wire may be.   Could the horn be trying to work when car's turned off and parked thus draining battery?  How to know that nothing is secretly ON when car is off, parked, and left for days?  No, it wasn't radio.

The old story---something got "fixed", but I don't know how or what.