[T3] Turkey Noises...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 17:42:22 PDT 2016

Before I start taking apart wheels and brakes and everything on right side of my '71 Sqbk, I thought to ask...what might be causing no driving/braking oddities EXCEPT an odd noise.  It's a sort of high-pitched squeal...but more like a cartoon turkey vibrating gobble...kinda rubbery, but who knows?...that happens when depressing accelerator on the road, and sometimes even when braking at highway speed.   Doesn't happen in neighborhood driving, or when foot off accelerator..
Take foot off accelerator..the squeal/gobble stops.  Just touch accelerator, it's back.  And not all the time.    Very intermittent.
Ought one check Brakes, Bearings, Trans axle things, trapped turkey under the car?
That noise MUST be familiar to others.   Results of checks?