[T3] Re/ Turkey Noise squeals etc...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 15:48:04 PDT 2016

Previously, I asked about what could be likely cause of odd, intermittent "turkey" noises...a vibrating sort of squeal...when on highway only when accelerator is pushed, and once in a while when braking at highway speed.
  Didn't know which wheel or where exactly noise came from. ['71, std.}

So...with no clue where to start looking, I removed front right wheel hub...Wheel which had a Very Small bit of in-and-out play....and slid out the bearing.  All bearing rollers looked fine...but the area didn't seem to be exactly packed with grease.   I jammed a good shot-glass worth, or more, of grease into the space and into bearing, and reinstalled...with nut just a hair tighter than it was.  No little in-out wheel play, and wheel spins freely.

Now, no turkey squeals on highway or in neighborhoods. Fixed...by luck.

Is the lesson that Turkey Squeals mean simply Re-Grease the Bearings?