[T3] Moaning in and out of gear

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 27 19:29:08 PDT 2016

On 27 Jun 2016 at 21:44, John Jaranson wrote:

> Why did you have it welded?

Berg automatically welds them if they balance them. They do this
because the fan tends to get slightly loose on the hub and once that
happens it's impossible to do any sort of sensible balancing on them.

I don't think they welded the first one I sent to them way back
around 1977, but all my others have been welded, and I've not noticed
any difference in the sound.

I'm away from home again, and my connection isn't very good, so that
may be one reason why I can't hear anything unusual in the videos.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org