[T3] Possible Generator problem

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Tue Mar 1 13:33:16 PST 2016

Update on this problem. Turns out that the regulator was probably still good but the generator on the other hand was wearing out the brushes in an unequal manner.
Once it was pulled I was able to see that it must not have been machined properly or the stator was wearing also unevenly as it was very blackened on about 1/3 to 1/2 and the rest was copper colored. Sad thing is this generator was a bosch remanufactured unit and had very few miles on it as I had issues with the FI that prevented me from driving it since I put it in back in colorado.

Well anyways I did the unthinkable and converted to an alternator retrofit kit and all is well even helped with the EMI I was fighting with the Megasquirt ECU and no more dimming of the lights when coming to an idle which helps with running the inverter I use to run the laptop.

Thanks for all the input I received it was very helpful.

Daniel Du Vall