[T3] 412 Brake Caliper Question

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 4 11:58:33 PST 2016

I don't know much about disc flex. I do know for some odd reason the
mechanism in the late or 73 caliper appears to not allow the pads to hit the
rotor when the pads are worn down to a point so the metal of the pad does
not contact the rotor.

 I only know this because one day when braking my car pulled to the left and
when I looked at the pads one had about 1/16" of pad left. It would not
allow the right front to break . Now whether this is part of the design I
can't say for certain, I do recall someone at a local independant VW place I
used to get parts from told me this.

William