[T3] 412 Brake Caliper Question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Mar 5 17:02:25 PST 2016

It seems pretty standard on modrn VWs to replace the discs and pads
together.  I guess the dealer can't guarantee a decent result if they do the
work without that.  If they had to re-do it after the customer complained,
it would cost them rather than the customer.  The customer always pays!

The thinner rotors come as 9mm thick and the wear limit is 8mm, so unless
it's very light scoring, it's unlikely there will be much left to remove
from a used disc and still remain in limits.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club