[T3] Can't find a battery

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 11 15:08:28 PST 2016

 In 2009 I got one from Autozone and it lasted 6 years and it was date coded
Nov 2009 the month I got it . Then it suddenly died and autozone wanted $120
plus tax with the core . I called Firestone and got the MT 42 for $87 out
the door. It was Oct 8th 2015, date coded Jan 2015 so it was 9 months old
when I got it. I didn't care for that but is read  12.38 volts so I charged
it and it's been fine. Just to add they  say maint free yet talking to
interstate they said remove the caps and check the level every so often and
since it's under the rear seat they don't deal with engine under the hood
heat so that helps some what. All these 42 series have a 2 year free
replacement and then some prorate . I read interstate does not make the
MT-42 and replaced it with a very close to the same size with the proper
posts that are the same type.

William