[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Tue Mar 15 12:53:15 PDT 2016

 This is just a thought I had thinking about how your car acts.

 I may be far off here and it's not often this happens . Is it possible
since you have the original muffler that there might be a internal
restriction . I know you can't very well open it up yet if  there is an
internal loose pipe or carbon build up. I thing Russ has a few photo's of
the inside of these mufflers on Samba.
  Everything that goes in air and fuel has to escape and if it can't it's
back pressure . One way is to connect a vacuum gauge to the intake and watch
it , if it drops down other than the usual changes at idle and accel this
might indicate a problem.

 Since you have been dealing with rich running it's possible carbon has
built up in the muffler or rust build up or a combination .

William

 I've not run into this on these cars but I have in older cars a few times .

William