[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 16:31:01 PDT 2016

1000 ohms in series with your head temp sensor will never let it think its
warmed up, thats your problem.  Your head temps sensor MUST be BELOW 100
ohms when the engine is hot.  Shunt resistors are the only thing you can do
here.

Main mixture is adjusted with your pressure sensor or fuel pressure, as you
did before.

Keith

We've now got close to 50 miles on the new ECU and the issues of last week
haven't returned. How about this though? Since installing this ECU, we seem
to be running even richer (by the AFR gauge) and the fully warm idle sounds
to be around 1100-1200 rpm. It doesn't seem to come down to what I
previously had it set to. I can reset the idle to spec and see what happens,
but I thought this was an interesting phenomenon. Plus, we still have to
address the rich running. 15 mpg isn't good by any measure I'm aware of but
what to do about that? I should perhaps add that we have a 100O resistor
inline with TS2 at the head fi that matters.
f you need more help, contact: gregm at vwtype3.org