[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:48:38 PDT 2016

> On Mar 21, 2016, at 7:31 PM, Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
> 1000 ohms in series with your head temp sensor will never let it think its
> warmed up, thats your problem.  Your head temps sensor MUST be BELOW 100
> ohms when the engine is hot.  Shunt resistors are the only thing you can do
> here.
>
> Main mixture is adjusted with your pressure sensor or fuel pressure, as you
> did before.
>
> Keith

Ooops….I used option-z on my Mac to make the ohm symbol and it came out funny. We’re using a 100 ohm resistor! It’s a ceramic one with wire on either end. It looks more or less like this:

http://g04.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB101MJIFXXXXXvaXXXq6xXFXXX6/5-Pcs-Axial-Wirewound-Cement-font-b-Resistors-b-font-font-b-100-b-font-font.jpg <http://g04.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB101MJIFXXXXXvaXXXq6xXFXXX6/5-Pcs-Axial-Wirewound-Cement-font-b-Resistors-b-font-font-b-100-b-font-font.jpg>

I’m fairly sure you can see it in one of the videos we posted last Monday. I put the resistor in because in short amounts of time (under 10 minutes), the resistance in my TS2 would drop to around 80 ohms which is quite low based on what I derived from the K-manual. The idle would hunt when fully warm. Once I put in the resistor, that stopped. Also, with help from Joe (the harness maker) and an equation he gave me to graph resistance values at various temps it seemed like 80 ohms was pretty low for only having driven 10 minutes in cold weather. Of course this stuff is all subject to interpretation in the absence of hard data from the manufacturer.

Daniel.