[T3] Mystery Miss

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:03:35 PDT 2016

Well, so far I’ve checked the resistance of the spark plug wires. All 4 are between 1000 and 1100 ohms. The wire from the coil to the distributor is 650 ohms. The coil (Bosch black) is 3.2 ohms from + to - and over 10k from center to + or -. The 10k seems a little high as the blue ones always come in between 7k and 8k but I don’t know if that’s an issue. There’s no oil leaking from the coil.

I made no changes before driving home and of course there wasn’t a single miss or buck. I even went out of my way to push it up hills and push the acceleration. So infuriating!! I guess like Bob said I’m going to have to look elsewhere. But where? Or am I still in the realm where an ignition issue is possible….though at what point in the system? Intermittents are such a drag.