[T3] Mystery Miss

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Sat May 7 13:54:22 PDT 2016

One electrical FI gremlin I once had, and is easy to miss (no pun intended) was inside those clear connectors (T1 and T2) that you push a female tab connector into and slide onto the male spade.  One example is wire 19 (pump signal) on the engine bay; another is the head temp sensor connector.  On more than one occasion, I’ve seen them pushed into the plastic housing, but instead of being slid OVER the male tab, they were slid NEXT TO the tab.  It looked fine on the outside if the plastic was yellowed or cloudy, and it would make contact, but as temperature and vibration did their thing, it could lose contact.