[T3] Mystery Miss

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:13:51 PDT 2016

Jim,

The adaptor wires were made with stranded wire.  FWIW, there was no bucking in my AM or PM commute after relocating the wires. I know that doesn’t mean much as regards intermittents but there it is. Tomorrow, I’ll get some pictures and video up so I can show what I’m talking about with the wires more clearly. I’ll also be able to investigate the connector ends, etc.

But I’ll be damned if our speedometer needle hasn’t all of a sudden started to dance between 27 mph and 33 mph. On the way back down, it twitches like crazy between 15mph and 10mph. We haven’t touched the cable at all since installing it 760 miles ago so what would cause the needle to suddenly start bouncing a few days ago?

If it matters, this has happened with every single cable we’ve installed in the past few years: sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. That’s why we keep changing cables. Or is it time to look at the speedo even though it checks out fine in terms of smooth turning and whatnot? I can’t imagine that Tram installed the cable wrong and then we installed 4 cables wrong. There’s got to be something else at play!

The new bracket for the fuel pump prime switch arrived in the mail today and I’ll see how it works out.

Daniel