[T3] I want to change my brake fluid it's been a while? 73 SB

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu May 12 19:37:59 PDT 2016

  It's been a while . The brakes work fine and the pedal is firm so no air in the system.

  Also I really don't have anyone to help so one man job here.

 1) Since I have the late calipers in the Bentley it states to get out all the old fluid you need to open the bottom bleeder with the upper one open. Is this really needed? Is the reason the old fluid has no way to get out from the outer piston?

 2) I read in one post Russ said he just lets gravity bleed the brakes. Has anyone done this and it worked?

 3) I got new disc pads and want to install them first there is about 1/8" pad left on all 4 . Reason is once new pads are installed the fluid rises in the Reservoir it's low now .

 4) Does it help to draw out some of the old fluid in the reservoir so the old stuff is not so much before new fluid enters the lines or master cylinder?

 5) What other than those self bleeder screws works for a one man fluid change . Do the hose in a jar with fluid work remembering right now there is no air in the system.

William

---