[T3] Speedometer Nonsense

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Mon May 23 13:52:47 PDT 2016

Only two of our cables have broken. The first one didn’t seem to snap….rather it unraveled. When I removed it, the wire wrapped around the cable part was loose and frayed. The second one actually snapped somewhere around halfway through its length.

Today, I was cruising in 3rd and looked down at the speedo to find that the needle was at 0! When I flicked the speedo face, the needle jumped up to speed. This happened several times and then things went back to “normal”, which is to say it kept the correct speed but bounced in the areas I’ve been describing. I gather this points to an issue inside the speedo or with the needle itself, no?

Daniel