[T3] Spark Plug Life...

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Mon Nov 14 19:13:30 PST 2016

On Nov 14, 2016, at 9:31 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

> On 14 Nov 2016 at 23:50, J. Jonik wrote:
>
>> What's rule of thumb about how long spark plugs last?
>
> The official replacement interval for FI cars was 12 kmiles. I tend
> to get much more than that out of them, but that may be partly due to
> the Delta Mark 10 CDI ignition units I use.

Hmmmm, I wonder if that is one of the reasons Sophy has started running rougher than normal.  I still have the same spark plugs in her from when I rebuilt the engine approximately 65k miles ago.  Standard point ignition too.  I believe they are standard Bosch W8AC plugs as well.  Nothing fancy.

I do plan to pull her engine this winter and give it a once over.  I think it is time.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com