[T3] Spark Plug Life...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Nov 14 20:42:14 PST 2016

On 14 Nov 2016 at 22:13, John Jaranson wrote:

> Hmmmm, I wonder if that is one of the reasons Sophy has started
> running rougher than normal.  I still have the same spark plugs in her
> from when I rebuilt the engine approximately 65k miles ago.  Standard
> point ignition too.  I believe they are standard Bosch W8AC plugs as
> well.  Nothing fancy.

I use the same plugs, or Bosch W8AP, but 65 k is WAY past extreme.
Given my experience, I'm surprised that Sophy will still start. Yes,
I would like to see what those look like now.

The platinum plugs have a different geometry at the tips, so I don't
know if they have similar lifetime limitations.

> I do plan to pull her engine this winter and give it a once over.  I
> think it is time.

You DO know that you don't have to pull an engine to change the
plugs, don't you.   ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org