[T3] Alignment

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Nov 19 08:35:14 PST 2016

On 2016-11-19 10:12, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:
> Rear camber on the IRS is not adjustable far as I know. I had too much
> on my 74 bug and was able to get some of it out by replacing the arms
> which had sagged or twisted over time from abuse also replaced the
> rubber bushings with the urethane ones they work great but are a bit
> noisy and need a bit of lubrication every so often .
>
> All though there is some amount of negative camber built into it
> already and changes with ride height.
>
> This is just my experience but those here who have been around a bit
> longer might have other advice.
>
> Daniel Du Vall

That's what I was thinking. I have an extra pair of trailing arms from
the 72 square I scraped a few years ago. May try that along with seeing
if those bushing are still available. I would assume they are the same
ones used on a type 1. If i got desperate enough I could try sending it
to the body shop next door where they have a frame machine and could
bend the arm but that could open a can of worms as far as weakening the
structural integrity of the arm. The biggest problems its having in this
area is has a decant pull to the right just enough to annoy and it's
wearing the inside of the rear tires a bit too much. Hopefully when we
get the toe on the rear left set right that will help along with the
camber on the front left.

Dennis