[T3] Spark Plug Life...

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:22:29 PST 2016

>Tools changed a bit over the years. I expected your car to also come
>with a screwdriver, probably double-ended phillips/flat. The small
>round bar is for SPs; for the lug bolts you use the jack handle.
>(Note the different size side holes on each end of the tube wrench.)

You're probably correct on the double-ended Screwdriver, Jim.  I think I
forgot about that tool.  And since we're in TX and the car is "sleeping" in
Wisconsin, I can't check.

The small round bar?  For the SP's?  What small round bar?

I always keep the black, 33mm long, round bar just laying in the trunk.  I
think the bar is supposed to be stored in an area where the jack "clips"
onto the body in the (RHS) passenger side, next to the spare tire.

I believe the jack points on my car have been weakened by the "winter salt"
when the car was driven as a daily driver from '69 to ~'86.

Unless Bob Heydt strengthened them in 2012 when he replaced the rockers and
heat tubes.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)