[T3] Alignment

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Nov 25 05:41:41 PST 2016

On 24 Nov 2016 at 12:37, dlstiefel wrote:

> On 2016-11-24 08:39, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> >> The spring plate IS the trailing arm.
> > 
> > I´m confused because I´ve always seen this part referred to as the
> > trailing arm and/or the diagonal arm
> > 
> > http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1216876.jpg
> Well I guess I've been mispronouncing this for 30 something years. I've 
> always called what you have a picture of a trailing are and what fits on 
> the end of the torsion bar and bolts to the trailing arm the spring 
> plate. It's been so long not sure where I got those terms but I think it 
> was from the old Clements repair manual I had for the fastback back in 
> high school.

Dennis has it right. The photo is of the diagonal arm. The spring 
plate is the same as the trailing arm. The key is to note that swing 
axle cars still have spring plates, but they don't have diagonal 

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

More information about the type3-vwtype3.org mailing list