[T3] light switch detail?

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Oct 2 11:54:09 PDT 2016

On 1 Oct 2016 at 22:40, Max Welton wrote:

> Working on the light switch wiring for my 67 Fastback.

> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1560486.jpg
>
> My question is this. The diagram shows five terminals. What is the
> terminal in the lower left? Also, are there three 30s?

My diagram shows terminals 30, 56, 57, 58, and 58b. In your photo I
see 30, 56, 58, and 58b, so 57 must be unlabeled. 57 must be either
the unlabeled one at the lower left or one of the three around the 30
stamping. Use your Ohmmeter to figure out if the 3 around the 30
label are all connected inside. The diagram shows 3 red wires coming
to terminal 30 from distinctly different places, so my money is on
those 3 terminals all being 30.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org