[T3] securing the speedometer?

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 11:39:21 PDT 2016

>>A '69 or '70 gas gauge would give you icons and correct spring tabs.

>>An earlier gauge would have no icons, but would be "correct" for your
>>'67. I can probably come up with either option if you're interested.

>I may just take you up on that. If you have a nice one
>with the icons (save a 67 correct gauge for someone who
>requires that) let me know.

Turns out the speedo and clock are missing the spring tabs
completely. I bet the PO was trying to fix this before selling (me)
the car.

While I search for some spring tabs I have an alternative idea.

How about a 1/2" wide band cut from a bicycle inner tube? Put the
gauge in the dash then stretch the band over the gauge from the
front and push the band up against the dash.

Max Welton http://www.maxwelton2k.net/