[T3] securing the speedometer?

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Oct 9 15:04:04 PDT 2016

On 8 Oct 2016 at 16:30, Max Welton wrote:

> >A '69 or '70 gas gauge would give you icons and correct spring tabs.
> >An earlier gauge would have no icons, but would be "correct" for your
> >'67. I can probably come up with either option if you're interested.
>
> I may just take you up on that. If you have a nice one
> with the icons (save a 67 correct gauge for someone who
> requires that) let me know.

I'm pretty sure I have a decent '69-70 gauge w/icons, but the
question is always how good the silver bezel is. They always get
rusty by the time I get them. I can repaint them, but I'll only do
this if I can paint all 3, along with a refirb of the speedo and
clock, so that gets expensive.

I checked, and I can't find the extra spring clips that I know that
I've saved, somewhere....  ;-p

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org