[T3] securing the speedometer?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 19:53:50 PDT 2016

In a message dated 10/8/2016 1:32:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

They are  very hard spring steel: impossible to duplicate. VW only
made late  instruments available as replacement parts, so they also
carried the early  tabs so they could be changed, but I've never
managed to remove/replace  them without destroying the instrument. I
probably have some from  destroyed instruments but I don't try to swap
them because that's proved  to be way too hard.
I've knocked the old long one's out before, and replaced them with  shorter
ones. It's a bunch of labor, but worth it in the end.

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof