[T3] Intake manifold boots

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sat Oct 8 23:31:57 PDT 2016

On 8 Oct 2016 at 19:29, Christopher Slaymaker wrote:

> I have tried to send this three times and it has bounced back because I am apparently not a member of this list.  This is my final attempt, then I will post to the Type 2 list as I think the application is the same.

If you get list messages, you are a list member. Part of your posting 
problem may be the address you sent your messages to. Use

type3 at vwtype3.org   (not: type3-vwtype3.org at lists.vwtype3.org. I 
don't know how that got thru.)

> What material (brand/specs/dimensions) is used for the intake manifold boots connecting the throttle body to the intake runners in a FI motor? I bought a set from ISP West a few years and they have softened and swollen to the point that they will not seal without clamps. 

I have new and good used OE IAD to intake runner sleeves. I don't 
know how to describe them; they are just euro style hose, with the 
outer fabric cover. I've never had to replace any of these on any car 
I've worked on.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

More information about the type3-vwtype3.org mailing list