[T3] Intake manifold boots

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sat Oct 8 23:31:57 PDT 2016

On 8 Oct 2016 at 19:29, Christopher Slaymaker wrote:

> I have tried to send this three times and it has bounced back because I am apparently not a member of this list.  This is my final attempt, then I will post to the Type 2 list as I think the application is the same.

If you get list messages, you are a list member. Part of your posting
problem may be the address you sent your messages to. Use

type3 at vwtype3.org   (not: type3-vwtype3.org at lists.vwtype3.org. I
don't know how that got thru.)

> What material (brand/specs/dimensions) is used for the intake manifold boots connecting the throttle body to the intake runners in a FI motor? I bought a set from ISP West a few years and they have softened and swollen to the point that they will not seal without clamps.

I have new and good used OE IAD to intake runner sleeves. I don't
know how to describe them; they are just euro style hose, with the
outer fabric cover. I've never had to replace any of these on any car
I've worked on.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org