[T3] broken horn ring and a cool weather idle hunt

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 17:14:58 PDT 2016

If the headlight goes off when you dip the lights, I would guess the
filament has failed.  The earth is common for both filaments, so it wouldn't
be that. It's not impossible for this to be a wiring fault, but a simple
check with a meter on the unit should be all that's needed.  For the UK type
separate bulb I would expect some blackening of the glass, but on a sealed
beam it might not be so obvious to see when a filament has blown.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club