[T3] I need sheetmetal, 70 fastback inner fender front left, and chrome "...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 10:55:51 PDT 2016

In a message dated 10/27/2016 10:12:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
duetforsports at gmail.com writes:

Hi  fellow lovers of the Type 3. I need sheetmetal, 70 fastback inner
fender
front left. My new project has apparently had brake fluid dripping  for
years from the master cylinder thereby eating away at the inner fender  from
within the trunk. Could really use replacement sheetmetal from a donor  car.

Keep in mind that you're looking for a 1 year only part. I only say that as
 70 was a major body year change to the larger front trunk, and the last
year for  the hinge springs to be located on the rear wall of the trunk
(torsion bars).  For 71, VW went to coil springs for the hood (laid sideways),
relocated the  brake res, and added the fresh air box hump. If you find a 71 to
73 part, some  minor work will be needed to "convert" it to a 70 part. Dave
Hall is correct in  that the box stiffeners cause rust on both sides of the
metal in that area, so  you can't just blame the brake res for the rust.
I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof