[T3] Anyone have a spare late model wiper switch? (Also, TS2 update)

Doug Brashear dougbrashear at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 15:17:39 PDT 2016

Hello all,
First for the parts need...so today I finally got around to installing the same motorized windshield washer system in my '73 Fasty that I have in the Bus - sub-mini momentary switch installed in the stock wiper switch in place of the hose connectors and value setup, washer motor in the trunk, new hoses, etc. However, when widening the small hole in the wiper switch I pretty much ruined it for my purpose (one of those instances where I knew better and was trying to rush - not sure how many times I have to learn that lesson the hard way). Anyway, I'm in the market for a spare 4-wire wiper switch that someone could ideally send to me rather quickly, or I could pick up in the VA/MD/DC area this weekend. I'd really like to continue the critical mass I've gained with the Fasty the past few weeks, and it's such a blast to drive.
Also, not sure if everyone here has felt the tightening supply of FI parts recently, particularly the cylinder head-mounted temp sensors, but don't feel alone - the bus folks feel your pain. When TS2s began drying up a few weeks ago, a few of us on TheSamba bay window forum started making homemade sensors to test using a certain thermistor and M10x1.0 bolts, as well as looking for alternatives. I happened to find a Piaggio scooter head temp sensor that Telford Dorr tested in detail for us against an OEM Bosch sensor, and although the sensor by itself was a little off when run in parallel with a 33K ohm resistor the data curve almost exactly matches that of the stock sensor. And best of all, the Piaggio sensor can be had for around $10.
In case you're interested you can read the whole story here:
TheSamba.com :: Bay Window Bus - View topic - TSII thermistor replacement part values

|   |
TheSamba.com :: Bay Window Bus - View topic - TSII thermistor replacement p...
 Classified ads, photos, shows, links, forums, and technical information for the Volkswagen automobile  |   |

So that great info is easily worth a wiper switch, right? ;-)
Thanks!- DougFalls Church, VA