[T3] I was watching you tube vids on 1600 rebuilds only because they popped up when viewing

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Sep 14 08:03:28 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-13 18:42, William J wrote:
> Dennis Stiefel's 72 video.
>
>  One fellow said never to use the gaskets between the cylinders and
> case because they degrade and allow .001 to maybe.002 movemnt and
> cause the cylinders to pound the heads . He used permatex . He also
> said he liked silicone for  case halves and the cylinders to case.

> William

OK I'm a little confused. Did I say that in my video? Some of the first
videos I done on the restoration were done in 2010 and the later one on
the engine were done in 2012 so I don't even remember what was in those
videos I'll have to go back and look. If that is what I said than I must
of experience some kind of head trauma before I made the video because I
have always used the gaskets between the cylinders and the case on any
air cooled VW engine I have went through. If I missed under stood what
you posed here than I am sorry. Guess I need to go back and see what
exactly I said in those videos.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville, AL